Remote Work No
Process Engineering Team Leader
Albion Rye Associates are proudly partnered with a global, chemical manufacturing organisation located in Manchester. This position will report to the Head of Process Engineering.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the process engineering disciplines for the Manchester site; in accordance with current health, safety, and environmental legislation and safety regulations. This role is a mixture of project management and team management.
- Line management of process and process safety engineers including engineering contract resources.
- Responsible for monthly project and process safety reporting and KPIs.
- Develop competency and drive systematic improvement across projects and process engineering disciplines, including training and implementation of engineering standards.
- Forge close working relationships with operations to develop clear prioritisation of site projects and ensure user requirements are clear and met.
- Project management and engineering of own small site projects.
- Developing systems to improve the efficiency of HAZOP preparation and delivery of action close-out.
- Allocate process engineering resources across projects, compliance, and operations support based.
- Being a vital part of the global projects team in capacity expansion projects
- Manage the project pipeline, annual budget planning, and Financial Investment Approval processes.
- Ensure the delivery of the site CAPEX projects in accordance with budget, quality, and time specifications.
- Resourcing and overall management of the safe design and operation of processes and plant delivery including the HAZOP processes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven engineering experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical plants.
- Strong basic engineering skills with knowledge across mechanical, E,C&I, and process engineering.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety, and Environment legislation and engineering standards.
- Experience managing maintenance and capital budgets.
- Experience on a Lower or Upper Tier COMAH Site.
- A good understanding of maintenance processes and experience in plant engineering activity.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering preferred